Restore the Look and Function of Your Smile
If one or more of your teeth are missing, there are a number of ways to replace them. An alternative to bridges, partials or complete dentures may be dental implants. Implants are used to replace missing roots and support artificial replacement teeth. They are comfortable and look like natural teeth.
The loss of one or more teeth can have a major impact on the function and shape of your mouth and the appearance of your smile:
- The spaces left by missing teeth can reduce the attractiveness of your smile and diminish your sense of confidence.
- Missing teeth can change the shape of your mouth and the look of your face.
- Gaps in your teeth can impair your ability to eat certain foods.
What are dental implants?
The implants themselves are tiny titanium posts that are placed into the jawbone where teeth are missing. Bone naturally integrates with dental implants to anchor replacement teeth in place. So you’ll never have to worry about loose, wobbly, ill-fitting prosthetics. Dental implants are designed to provide a foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth. In addition, implants can help preserve facial structure, preventing the bone deterioration that occurs when teeth are missing. An artificial replacement tooth is attached to the implant. The implant acts as an anchor to hold the replacement tooth in place.
Who can get dental implants?
If you are in good general health, have healthy gums and have enough bone in the jaw to hold an implant, dental implants might be right for you. If your jawbone has shrunk or if it has not developed normally, you may be able to have a bone graft to build up the bone. A bone graft is a way of adding new bone to your jawbone. Your dentist or dental specialist will tell you if bone grafting can be done.
Here are many advantages to dental implants, including:
- Dental implants looks and feels like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent
- With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip
- Implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures
- Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favourite foods with confidence and without pain
- Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself
- Dental implants don’t require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene
- Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime
- Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place
Dental implants are changing the way people live! With them, people are rediscovering the comfort and confidence to eat, speak, laugh, and smile more! Call us today to schedule your dental implants consultation: Belleville 613-966-2664 / Trenton 613-392-3916.